CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC)
REPORTS TO: Communications and Membership Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Non-Exempt (37.5 hours/week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Reporting to the society Communications and Membership Director, the Communications coordinator assists in implementing strategic marketing and communications plans and innovative communications strategies to generate program attendance, grow the society’s membership base and educate stakeholders about the society and its activities to position SITC as the leading membership association in the field.
- Aids in the cross-team implementation of strategic marketing and communications plans aimed at meeting audience generation, membership recruitment and fundraising activities.
- Coordinates the regular drafting, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of key analytics of engaging content for society social media accounts including, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Supports execution, monitoring and reporting of paid social media campaigns that generate attendance of society programs, help grow the SITC membership base and increase general awareness of the society.
- Coordinates the production of promotional materials including, but not limited to print and digital collateral, broadcast emails and/or other materials as informed by the marketing plan for that program or promotional initiative.
- Completes regular content updates on SITC Cancer Immunotherapy CONNECT, the society’s official website, through the use of the Higher Logic content management system.
- Coordinates list generation and placement of approved email copy via the society’s email distribution software.
- Supports department monitoring of press/blog/social media mentions of the society via Google Alerts and other media distribution and social media platforms.
- Provides daily monitoring and first-line customer response of the general SITC Communications inbox.
- Has a strong interest in staying up-to-date on new marketing technologies, best practices and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Ability to work independently and with teams both internally and with member and volunteer leaders.
- Strong skills and understanding of AP Style, basic copywriting and editing, and belief in the importance of meeting designated deadlines.
- Excellent project coordination skills with an eagerness to learn and develop other personal skills in a fun, team-oriented environment.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of scheduling and posting to, and gather analytics from, popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and a working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds